[c-nsp] ME3600X mLDP

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 04:49:41 EDT 2015

On 10 July 2015 at 09:41, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

> On 10/Jul/15 10:16, Peter Persson wrote:
>> Mark,
>> Me3600 is a good box when you dont run anything in it... Try running
>> EoMPLS, vrf with dynamic routing, and so on, and it will crash sooner
>> AND later.
>
> Not my experience.

Not my experiance either.

We have hundreds and hundreds of them, running OSPF+LDP+MP-BGP L2 & L3
MPLS VPNs. Using some are suing LFA, some FRR, some with MPLE-TE in
large 80+ PE TE meshes, we have them running access layer aggregation
with a decent amount of oversubscription.

They are very flexible boxes and stable, you must (1) get the right
code for your situation (15.3(3)S4 is my preferred) and (2) get the
config right for your situation (some features work better than
others, some don't mix well etc, the right SDM template is always
helpful!).

James.