[c-nsp] ME3600X mLDP

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Jul 10 08:51:03 EDT 2015

On 10/Jul/15 14:10, Jason Lixfeld wrote:
> I’m so sick of the ME3600s, and Cisco in general.  Our latest kick in the pants was turning on DHCP snooping. That caused legitimate DHCP traffic that was traversing PWs on the box to get dropped.  Snooping should have absolutely nothing at all to do with DHCP being carried inside a PW.  Rediculous.
>
> How we’ve gotten around the NG-MVPN thing is just build an xconnect from the ME3600 to a device that does NG-MVPN.

To be fair, this is the first real attempt at developing a full router
in a switch for the Metro-E plant at a reasonable cost. So I'd give them
some lee-way in getting a few things.

The ASR920 is a step in the next direction, and you can't say the same
for all other vendors (believe me, I've looked).

It only gets better, not worse.

Open cases, get problems fixed. Best you can do.

Mark.