[c-nsp] 7600 on 15.3(3)S5

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Jul 10 10:53:31 EDT 2015

On (2015-07-10 15:27 +0300), michalis.bersimis at hq.cyta.gr wrote:

Hey Michalis,

> During upgrading to 15.3, we encounter some ES+ Line cards crashed  which we had to do  RMA.
>  I would better contact your support team in order to prepare them when you are you going to schedule your upgrade plan so they can get you at least a proactive RMA spare unit for your Line Cards.

Believe you were hit by this:
http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/memory.html#~overview

More accurately this:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/635/fn63553.html

No one really should reboot their 7600/6500 kit without having spare cards and
remote hands at ready. We've at best (or worst) lost up-to all 4 cards during
reload. It can take long time to troubleshoot, since you won't at first
suspect simultaneous HW failure of all card.

--
  ++ytti