[c-nsp] Tough Switches with connected devices are dropping

Ahsan Rasheed ahsanrasheed9 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 16:40:32 EDT 2015

Hi Support,

We are having some serious issues on our point to multipoint network & we
need your guys help & suggestion. Below is setup we are using.

Core Cisco switch 6524--------------> Ubiquiti Tough Switch 1---------- >
Ubiquiti Tough Switch 1

Issue:

Our Core switch is connected with first tough switch & first tough switch
is connected with second tough switch. The issue we are having 3  Ubiquiti
AP’s are connected on TS1 & 2 Ubiquiti AP’s are connected on TS2. AP’s are
connected with CPE & CPE are connected with customer devices. After every
30-45 secs whole multipoint network drops and then again it up. This
dropping issue started as soon as we connected 2 Tough switches together.
Before that no drop with single TS connected on core switch.

On both Tough switches we are running RSTP with native vlan 1 & vlan
configuration picture is attached. On both tough switch vlan configuration
are same.

ME 6524 port configuration:

interface GigabitEthernet1/24

description mp-toughswitch

mtu 1546

ip address 10.254.7.89 255.255.255.248 secondary

ip address 172.16.15.1 255.255.255.0

no ip redirects

no ip unreachables

no ip proxy-arp