[c-nsp] GRE tunnel 8000kbit (8Mbit) limit issue

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Wed Jul 15 14:25:23 EDT 2015

> On 15 Jul 2015, at 19:34, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
>
> hi,
>
> okay...have googled and looked around...and no current joy.

Tunnel bandwidth configured on the interface, or being default is
only for information, and is not being enforced in any way.

> we have a GRE tunnel between a 6506 (sup2T) running IOS 15.1 and a 3750 running IOS 15.2

3750 doesn’t support GRE, you’re hitting limitation of the platform.
It’s miracle it works - mostly propably, because it hits software
forwarding path, and even if it’s not supported, it works - somewhat.

--
| "There's no sense in being precise  |            Łukasz Bromirski |
|  when you don't know what you're    |   jid:lbromirski at jabber.org |