[c-nsp] ASR 920 - H-QoS across 2+ EFP interfaces

Dan Peachey dan at illusionnetworks.com
Wed Jul 22 06:11:38 EDT 2015

On 20 July 2015 at 18:51, Steve Margelos <smargelos at atlantech.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an ASR 920 that I will be using to form an NNI with an upstream
> provider.  We typically have customers that purchase not just an internet
> circuit, but also P2P/VPLS services all over the same single physical
> circuit.  We then separate these services out into logical units on our NNI
> so that we can take appropriate action, depending on the inner  C-VLAN that
> we see coming from the remote CPE.  The problem I am having is
> designing/implementing a QoS solution that will take into account multiple
> logical circuits, while still allowing me to prioritize certain types of
> traffic.  Normally, we use Juniper to accomplish this, via interface-sets
> and applying a multi-level class-of-service configuration. As an example:
>
> set interfaces interface-set Customer-XYZ interface ge-1/0/5
> vlan-tags-outer 725
>
> set class-of-service interfaces interface-set Customer-XYZ
> output-traffic-control-profile LEVEL_2-svlan_100m
>
> set class-of-service interfaces ge-1/0/5 unit 123
> output-traffic-control-profile LEVEL_3-cvlan_data-50m       **CKT #2**
> set class-of-service interfaces ge-1/0/5 unit 725
> output-traffic-control-profile LEVEL_3-cvlan_data-50m       **CKT #1**
>
> set class-of-service traffic-control-profiles LEVEL_2-svlan_100m
> scheduler-map svlan-data-voice
> set class-of-service traffic-control-profiles LEVEL_2-svlan_100m
> shaping-rate 100m
> set class-of-service traffic-control-profiles LEVEL_2-svlan_100m
> guaranteed-rate 100m
>
> set class-of-service traffic-control-profiles LEVEL_3-cvlan_data-50m
> scheduler-map cvlan-data
> set class-of-service traffic-control-profiles LEVEL_3-cvlan_data-50m
> shaping-rate 100m
> set class-of-service traffic-control-profiles LEVEL_3-cvlan_data-50m
> guaranteed-rate 50m
>

> Trying to translate this type of configuration over to the Cisco ASR 920
> has been.... Difficult.
>
> I believe the only thing close to the Juniper interface-set is the Cisco
> 'service-group'.  The problem I am having is that the service-group
> service-policy restrictions are  not allowing me to ensure certain traffic
> (voice) is given priority queue access.    Per the ASR documentation, I
> understand that queuing and marking is not supported at the service-group
> policy level, but I am hoping to get this to work by having a
> service-policy on the EFP itself and having the ASR "merge" the two
> together, as described in the documentation - of course, that is not
> working as designed either.
>
> Here is what I have so far:
>
> **setting up the service-group and calling a rather simple class-default
> policy-map**
> service-group 1234
> description CID-1234 EVC group
> service-policy output 50Mbps_Egress_Service_Group
> end
>
> Router#show policy-map 50Mbps_Egress_Service_Group
> [...]

Hi Steve,

Try using 'match service instance ethernet <service_instance_id>' under a
match-any class-map for as many service instances that you want to group
together - this should give you something similar to the Juniper
interface-set concept. You can then reference this under a policy-map and
apply a parent shaper with child policy. You need to apply this policy-map
at the parent port level.

Regards,

Dan