[c-nsp] VPLS BGP Signaling

Adam Vitkovsky Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
Mon Jul 27 04:36:24 EDT 2015

I haven't played with EVPN on Cisco yet.
EVPN is supported only on A9ks as far as I know (on A1k only as AF in BGP for RR functionality).
By all means I'll go with EVPN for all the new deployments the data-plane scales so much better compared to legacy VPLS.
Though personally I prefer PBB EVPN because it converges and scales better and find it more straightforward.
The only problem is these are still pretty new - EVPN got standardised just this year and PBB-EVPN not yet (guess that's one of the reasons Juniper is still holding back on PBB-EVPN) so it needs more brave folks to test and catch all the bugs.

adam