[c-nsp] ASR 903 RSP2 Control Plane Traffic QOS

Waris Sagheer (waris) waris at cisco.com
Wed Jul 29 20:40:47 EDT 2015

Let me know if the following paper answers your question. If not I’ll ask my team to send out an updated document.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Q6qCRMe89_YTlxbGNoU3l5REU/view

Best Regards,

[http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/horizontal06.jpg]

Waris Sagheer
Technical Marketing Manager
Service Provider Routing Segment
waris at cisco.com<mailto:waris at cisco.com>
Phone: +1 408 853 6682
Mobile: +1 408 835 1389

CCIE - 19901

<http://www.cisco.com/>

For corporate legal information go to:http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html

From: "cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net<mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net>" <cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net<mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net>> on behalf of Caillin Bathern <caillinb at commtelns.com<mailto:caillinb at commtelns.com>>
Date: Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 6:57 PM
To: "cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net<mailto:cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>" <cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net<mailto:cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>>
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] ASR 903 RSP2 Control Plane Traffic QOS

Just wondering if anybody has managed to configure traffic marking/scheduling for control and management plane traffic on the ASR 903 RSP2 (or ASR920)?
Configuring a control plane output service policy fails if you have any ACLs in your class maps..

Out of curisotiy, why are you applying an "output" policy, the norm is to configure an input policy? Are you trying to re-mark control-plane traffic?

Indeed, I would like to be able to re-mark control plane traffic and also define queue parameters.

Failing an ability to configure this, does anyone know how control plane traffic on these devices is actually queued on output? Is it in a dedicated queue? CBWFQ or strict? Policed, shaped or unlimited?

Cheers,
Caillin
--
This transmission or any part of it is intended solely for the named
addressee.  It is confidential.  The copying or distribution of this

If you have received this transmission in error, please phone
  +61 3 8340 6100  or by reply e-mail to the sender.  If you are not the
named addressee, you must destroy the original transmission and its contents.

You may not rely on electronically transmitted material unless
requested that the transmission is subsequently confirmed by fax or letter.
Material transmitted to you should also be checked by reference
to a hard copy of that material printed directly from our word processing system.

Message  protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering.http://www.mailguard.com.au/mg