[c-nsp] ASA and BGP

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Fri Jul 31 07:25:50 EDT 2015

> On 31 Jul 2015, at 10:23, Nick Cutting <ncutting at edgetg.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Just got confirmation that it is ~22,000 routes. 4 gig of ram on a 5515x. should be fine.
> However, I'm worried that no one is doing this, anywhere.

There’s quite a number of ASA edge deployments around the world, and most of
them are full BGP feeds. It’s being done, but maybe not yet “at large”, as typically
people tend to let boxes like ASR 1k or 7200 do the edge BGP stuff.

(I’m from Cisco BTW, should have stated this immediately in first post)

If you have some specific questions please let us know - otherwise, I presume
you’re just worried about the “installed base” experience :)

—
./