[c-nsp] effect of 'mls qos'

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Jun 2 15:10:01 EDT 2015

On Tue, 2015-06-02 at 08:55 -0700, Blake Dunlap wrote:
> If you don't know how to set it up, and are not doing your own
> management of your qos, then you *really* shouldn't be turning it on.

The 3560/3750 platform comes with some quite unfortunate default
settings. Enabling QoS and adjusting output queue thresholds (and
nothing more) can dramatically improve performance for cases like when
input is GE and output is FE.

That is of course a corner case. In general I wholeheartedly agree with
your sentiment.

--
Peter