[c-nsp] ME3600 EoS?

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 2 20:13:11 EDT 2015

> ASR920 will have all the features which ME3600X support as well as
> new stuff e.g. Application engineering routing (Segment Routing),

Are you implying that Segment Routing will not be supported on the
ME3600X switches?

At Cisco Live a few months ago the guys from the SR team mentioned
that ME3600 will support SR (iirc it even was on their slides showing
best-practices setups, along with the usual ASR9k).

> ME3600X is not going end of sale but it will be in sustaining mode
> meaning no active development in terms of new features.

Thats what we suspected on the list already, but strangely at Cisco
Live this year everyone was still referring to ME3600/3800 along with
ASR9k (when talking about relevant topics like Carrier Ethernet,
L2/L3VPN/MPLS, etc).

Maybe you guys should consider giving a talk about your platforms and
its roadmaps at Cisco Live (there are certainly a lot ASR9k talks).

> ASR920 provides an evolution of ME3600X and it helps us to have a
> single OS across our ASR 900 family

I would rather like to see IOS XR on those *new* platforms, tbh. I guess
that won't happen any time soon.

Lukas