[c-nsp] IOS XR / advertise best-external

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Fri Jun 5 03:11:44 EDT 2015

On Thu, 4 Jun 2015 21:05:06 +0200, Gert Doering wrote
> > It should be investigated why your router uses the backup path for traffic -
> > this is clearly wrong. One possible reason might be that the affected linecards
> > are running different firmware version than required by the IOS.
>
> The answer I received in the TAC case (SR 635067397) is that "this is
> totally expected behaviour, because the CEF team thinks it needs to
> work that way".

Well, this example is for IOR-XE not XR, but all the show command examples
clearly display backup / repair ...

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/iproute_bgp/configuration/xe-3s/irg-xe-3s-book/irg-best-external.html#GUID-A1699F56-E599-405A-A2AB-E38DA266F2E7

   M.