[c-nsp] ME3600 QinQ / Service Instance

Adam Vitkovsky Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
Fri Jun 5 08:47:48 EDT 2015

Hi Dario,

> Dario Amaya
> Sent: 03 June 2015 22:30
>
> Hi list,
>
> Hoping I can get some advice on a simple setup:
>
> Two sites, each with an ME-3600X-24TS-M, L2VPN between the two on
> Te0/1.
>
> ME3600-SiteA:
>
> Te0/1 - L2VPN via PE
> Te0/2 - Customer equipment
>
> ME3600-SiteB:
>
> Te0/1 - L2VPN via PE
> Te0/2 - Customer equipment
>
> I want to accept all tags from the customer port Te0/2 at both sites
> and pass it across the L2VPN on Te0/1, back out on Te0/2 at the other
> side and vice-versa.
>
> Will the following config work:
>
> interface TenGigabitEthernet0/1
>  switchport trunk allowed vlan none
>  switchport mode trunk
>  load-interval 30
>  service instance 1 ethernet
>   encapsulation default
>  !
> !
> interface TenGigabitEthernet0/2
>  switchport trunk allowed vlan none
>  switchport mode trunk
>  load-interval 30
>  service instance 2 ethernet
>   encapsulation default
>  !
> !
> connect eline-1-2 TenGigabitEthernet0/1 1 TenGigabitEthernet0/2 2

Well L2VPN is a bit farfetched to describe the role of the MEs in this setup but yes the config is correct.
"encapsulation default" is to match anything that comes from the customer no tag, tag, double-tag.
And simple "connect" avoids MAC address learning which is unnecessary in a point to point setup (though the last time I used it was on 7200 so hopefully it's bug free on ME)
You can use the same service instance number on both TE interfaces as these are unique per interface

adam