[c-nsp] prefix-list rearranging itself

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Mon Jun 8 15:15:16 EDT 2015

On Jun 7, 2015, at 6:01 AM, Nick Hilliard <nick at foobar.org> wrote:

> On 07/06/2015 01:36, Charles Sprickman wrote:
>> On pretty much every rancid run, a chunk of the config (bgp prefix lists) rearranges itself, only in the IPv6 section:
>
> this is a rancid bug caused by a change in behaviour in how perl >= 5.18
> handles hashes.  You can find more details about the underlying issue if
> you google for "perl hash order randomization".
>
> The bug is fixed in rancid 3.2.  Alternatively, see the attached for a
> replacement for the two relevant functions.

Hi Nick,

Thanks so much.  I had forgotten that this host had a bunch of updates recently, including jumping to perl 5.20 (but no rancid updates).  It looks like rancid3 is a bit of a jump (see initial commit message here: http://www.freshports.org/net-mgmt/rancid3/), so I’m trying the patch for now.  I’ll reply back tomorrow if this patch takes care of things so we’ve got something in the archives.

Charles