[c-nsp] IOS-XR 5.2 NG-MVPN

Adam Vitkovsky Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
Mon Mar 2 12:11:27 EST 2015

Hello Mihai,

Looks like you are trying to do Profile 20 : Rosen-P2MP-TE with BGP AD/PIM C-multicast Routing.
But that one doesn't seem to be supported unfortunately (I'm so disappointed -as that should have been one of the first modes supported).
And looking at the config guides there doesn't seem to be any progress on this.
Things might have changed in 5.3 as the whole table listing summary of supported MVPN Profiles disappeared and is replaced with a simple list that happens to mention Dynamic P2MP-TE tunnels -but if it's for just data or also for default MDT???
Though at the beginning of the list there's:  Default-MDT with mLDP P2MP trees and with Static P2MP-TE tunnels -so I'm sceptical.

adam