[c-nsp] Cisco console port to USB

Rob Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Tue Mar 3 17:31:57 EST 2015

"Parent, Guillaume" <Guillaume.Parent at ia.ca> writes:

> Can you define 'screw you', because that sounds like what's
> happening when I use something that looks like a knockoff Prolific
> and I'm wondering what you actually mean.

In Windows land, you'd get messages like "This Device cannot start
(Code 10)", "No driver installed for this device", or "Device driver
was not successfully installed".

My recollection on the Mac was that the driver just wouldn't find the
device or install the /dev/tty* files despite the device showing up
fine in system profiler and working fine when plugged into a Linux
device.  Brain cells are fuzzy though and it's been four years give or
take.

Solution was to get rid of the Prolific driver and install (I think)
https://github.com/bjarnoldus/mac-osx-pl2303 instead.

Correct solution for Windows is left for someone who actually knows
some stuff about that environment (i.e. Not Me).

-r