[c-nsp] OSPF and BGP relationship

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed Mar 4 13:03:59 EST 2015

Thanks Adam!

Aaron

From: Adam Vitkovsky [mailto:Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 4:23 AM
To: Aaron; 'Network'; 'Clint Wade'
Cc: 'cisco-nsp'
Subject: RE: [c-nsp] OSPF and BGP relationship

Hi Aron,

The HW limitation only hits Trident line-cards with default profile that allows only 512K v4 routes.
So these have to be set with L3 or L3XL profiles before they can be used for Internet routing.
Using cmd "hw-module profile scale l3/L3xl".
-but it requires reload of the LC to take effect.

The VRF limitation.
-there are also some inefficiencies related to lookups on Trident cards because of the FIB architecture.
You have to use cmd "mode big" so that the VRF gets TableID 1-15 as TableIDs 16+ have only one subtree limited to 256k.

There are no such limitations on Typhoon LCs as those use mtries.

adam