[c-nsp] ME3600 iBGP to RR

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Sat Mar 7 08:50:58 EST 2015

On 07/03/2015 05:25, Mark Tinka wrote:
> My BGP-SD route-map includes communities and other necessary match
> conditions that identify prefixes I'd like to download into FIB.

but you can only use table-map with a deny-all route-map if the PE is a
pure edge device, i.e. if all traffic is either local or north-south and
you can get away with just a default route and connected/static routes.
East-west traffic necessarily depends on visibility into the rest of the
network, which increases the risk of booboos.

>  So there is risk everywhere. Mitigation is through training and code qualification.

yep, we're all in violent agreement on this! :-)

Nick