[c-nsp] QoS for DSL Connections on Cisco 3745

Garrett, Jason Jason-Garrett at cdolinc.net
Tue Mar 10 09:08:39 EDT 2015

We have a Cisco 3745 aggregating 10 Ethernet based DSL connections.  I'm looking to implement basic QoS settings for VoIP.  I have applied the config below, but "show policy-map interf gi4/0.3882" does not produce any results.  I'm running (C3745-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T14.  I did notice that "show policy-map interf gi4/0" does produce some results.  Does this mean the 3745 will not provide QoS for each DSL connection, but will provide an overall QoS for all connections?

class-map match-all VoIP
match access-group name VoIP-RTP

policy-map VoIP-QoS
class VoIP
  bandwidth 250
class class-default
  fair-queue

bba-group pppoe CDOL12VoIP
virtual-template 32
sessions per-vlan limit 400

interface FastEthernet0/1
ip address 10.104.0.1 255.255.0.0
speed 100
full-duplex

interface GigabitEthernet4/0
mtu 1518
ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.252
service-policy output VoIP-QoS

interface GigabitEthernet4/0.3882
description NAML
encapsulation dot1Q 3882 second-dot1q 1-4000
pppoe enable group CDOL12VoIP

interface Virtual-Template32
description 12M DSL Schools w/ VoIP
mtu 1492