[c-nsp] BGP dram confusion

Erik Klaassen e.klaassen at fr-ix.nl
Wed Mar 11 09:45:40 EDT 2015

Yes its a sub720-3bxl with IOS 12.2SRE. We are not using soft-reconfig.
Why is the "sh bgp all sum" around 300MB and the sh prec mem shows bgp is using 90%, or around 800MB.

I just applied a filter for a default route only on one of the transits.
I can see i receive only 1 route but the mem usage is the same!

Thanks, Erik