[c-nsp] HSRP to VRRP migration

Randy randy_94108 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 02:19:42 EDT 2015

Top posting and answering OP's original-question:

NO. A change to FHRP; regarless of FHRP protocol-used(hrspv1/v2/vrrp)will result in at_the_least packetloss(be cognizant of STP-interactions in your env)while the change is being implemented.

Hint:

vitrual-mac for hsrpv1: 00:00:0c:07:ac:xx
virtual-mac for hrsrv2: 00:00:0c:9f:f0:00-fx:xx
vrrp:00:00:5e:00:01-xx

Do this within a maintenance window.

./Randy