[c-nsp] Help with an IPSec scenario

Nick Cutting ncutting at edgetg.co.uk
Fri Mar 13 12:25:16 EDT 2015

I tried to get this to work for weeks, in the end, I used dyn-dns on the Juniper side, and ran an EMM script on the cisco router (2911 - 15.3) that looked up the dyn-dys juniper name, then rewrote the tunnel destination, every 5 minutes.

I can't see your config, as it is blocked at my work - I was using 0.0.0.0/0 as the proxy id on the juniper side, and a "normal" static VTI tunnel on the Juniper side.

This works, as it is my home setup back to the office.

I did not try DVTI, And I'm not sure if it uses NHRP in the same way as DMVPN would (with no gre) - which wouldn't probably work with a juniper routed tunnel anyway.