[c-nsp] BGP dram confusion

Paul paul at gtcomm.net
Sat Mar 14 15:46:42 EDT 2015

BGP paths is what takes up most of the ram, you could potentially add 3
more full sessions and if that doesn't add much more paths then the ram
usage would not go up very much.
I have one with 6 full sessions, 58mb free.
If Cisco would implement some memory compression on these platforms it
would go a long way. I have a feature request for this but I doubt it
will go anywhere.. Maybe if other people submitted feature request for
the same thing (BGP path/attribute memory compression) they would do
it.  Also TCAM compression.
Another way would be to use the SP to store data since it always has a
lot of RAM free.