[c-nsp] ASR902 vs ME3800X

Gregor Jeker gregor.jeker at dualstack.ch
Wed Mar 18 04:32:22 EDT 2015

On 18/03/15 08:59, "Mark Tinka" <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

>A 24-port unit with 4x 10Gbps uplinks makes no sense whatsoever.

It does, at least if redundant uplinks are a requirement. I had a ASR920 (24xSFP Version) in my hands recently, from tech perspective it really looks great, even if the case itself appears a little cheap. Is's just half the size compared with the depth of a ME3600X. It's console port is special, there is only a USB-A port on the devices, however, the box comes with a pigtail USB-A to RJ45 adapter.

Gregor