[c-nsp] ASR9001 issues with route learning from BIRD/Quagga route server

Jordi Magrané Roig jordimagrane at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 18 08:14:12 EDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

Recently I have enabled a BGP session with the LINX route servers (London). The problem is that I have noticed that my router is learning routes from the route server very slow. I have disabled the command "bgp enforce-first-as" in order to learn the routes and the route-policy that I have inbound is:

route-policy LINX-ROUTE-SERVER_in
  if as-path in ACTIVE-PEERINGS then
    drop
  else
    set local-preference 200
    pass
  endif
end-policy

The AS-PATH -SET has the AS list with the AS that I have direct peering. I also have tried with the PASS ALL filter but it doesn't fix the issue. I don't know exactly what is happening.

Somebody could help me?

Thank you very much.

Jordi.