[c-nsp] ASR902 vs ME3800X

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Mar 18 10:17:45 EDT 2015

On 18/Mar/15 14:17, Tim Durack wrote:

> Throw in some PoE and you've got a very interesting box. It isn't just
> the SP market that needs to eliminate STP :-)

They'll have to build a separate box for that, otherwise my price will
be unreasonably inflated :-).

Good to hear the enterprise space wants to get rid of STP. It needs to
go where RIP lives (or died).

At any rate, that would have to be a copper port if you want PoE. We
don't run copper ports in any of our Metro-E deployments; buying a
copper SFP is so much easier than buying a copper switch. So I guess, on
that basis, Cisco can build a PoE solution that is targeted toward
non-ISP networks.

Mark.