[c-nsp] PfR between datacenters

John Budach jbudach at adknowledge.com
Wed Mar 18 12:47:08 EDT 2015

Hey everyone!

I have a couple of datacenters that run PfR between two providers per datacenter that simply load balances outbound traffic between two ASRs.  We're looking at possibly removing one provider at each location and load balancing traffic between datacenters.  I have redundant connections between datacenters that barely has any traffic going over it with sub 15ms response times between them.  I highly doubt it's best practice to run PfR between these two locations (KC and Dallas), but I was curious if it can be done without a significant hit to response times.  I should preface by saying I have plenty of bandwidth across all devices this traffic will hit.  I'm just not very familiar with PfR when it comes to physical limitations.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

-John