[c-nsp] Receiving out of order packets in SPAN session on Catalyst 3750X

Steve Teti steti at monmouth.com
Thu Mar 19 08:55:42 EDT 2015

On 2015-03-19 8:33 AM, Phil Mayers wrote:
> What sort of traffic levels are we talking about here? Substantial or
> slight, in comparison to platform capacity? What about other traffic
> on the switch?

Traffic on the span peaks at about 120Mbps.  Total traffic through the
switch is not much more than that.  "show platform port-asic stats drop"
shows no dropped packets on the span port.

> How far apart in wall-clock time were the request/response?

On my out-of-order capture the request shows up 0.2ms after the
response.  The two machines involved in this exchange are both directly
connected to the switch so the actual delay between the two is very
small.

> Any QoS configured?

No, QoS is disabled.