[c-nsp] IP SLA?

Dan Brisson dbrisson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 08:27:59 EDT 2015

I'm curious what folks do in the situation where you have redundant
links to your customers.  I'm speaking primarily in co-lo environments
where you offer redundant Internet connectivity to co-lo customers.  So
for example, you give a customer 2 ethernet handoffs from two separate
Layer 2 switches.   Now what do you do if the customer wants to go to a
routed model using both links.  I could allocate /30s for both links,
but then I have the issue of how to reliably route their block to them
w/out running a routing protocol that will detect if one of the links
goes down.  That's where I came to static routes with IP SLA but I
wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something easier.

Thanks!