[c-nsp] sip trunk to asterisk

Jared Mauch jared at puck.Nether.net
Mon Mar 30 15:21:07 EDT 2015

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 09:05:50AM +0430, s m wrote:
> hello everybody,
>
> i want to configure a sip trunk between a cisco router and my system which
> has asterisk. this is my scenario:
>
> Freepbx-----my system-----cisco-router----Freepbx
>
> my system acts like a router. in cisco, if i set just one codec in
> dial-peers, every thing is ok and i can make a call. but if i set different
> codecs in a voice class codec and assign it to dial-peers, i can make call
> but call is terminated.
> i think there is some difference in sip options (maybe sip headers) between
> cisco and asterisk which causes to codec negotiation fail. as a result of
> it, call terminate.
>
> any body try it before? any comments or hints are really appreciated.

	What codec are you trying to use?  I've had good success
with using g711ulaw on both sides.

We've had issues with some providers and DTMF working as well
and it seems that Cisco you need to configure the dtmf relay
in about 25 different places to make it all work right, eg:

voice service voip
 dtmf-interworking rtp-nte
 signaling forward unconditional
 h323