[c-nsp] RR Client in different AS?

CiscoNSP List cisconsp_list at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 31 19:19:01 EDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

Quick question (I hope!) - A customer has an RR that successfully peers/distributes routes to RR-clients in the same AS...they have added another "network", running a different AS, and have successfully peered to the RR(So added the new networks router as an RR-client, but with a different AS)....the RR is advertising all learned routes from the "original" network to the "new" network(sh ip bgp nei x.x.x.x advertised-routes), but the "new" network(With the different AS) is only accepting the default route? (There are no inbound policies on the new networks RR-client router).

Is this expected behaviour? (I've googled, but havent found anything definitive)

Cheers.