[c-nsp] Internet in VRF

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sun May 3 04:59:03 EDT 2015

On (2015-05-03 09:38 +0200), Mark Tinka wrote:

Hi,

> > If anything, we’d migrate our entire MPLS core to LDPv6.  Don’t hold your breath though :).
> I plan on keeping both - LDPv4 and LDPv6.
> The dual approach has worked well for plain IP, wouldn't mind keeping
> the same strategy for MPLS.

Why? I have more than acceptable amount of control-plane issues today, I'd
need to hear very good justification to add state and signalling. I'd hope to
run 6PE until I'd do fork-list to 4PE in some distance future. I see little to
no benefits running dual-stack core.

In CSCO/ALU^WNOK land, why bother with LDP6 even if there is justification,
when you could do segment routing? In JNPR land I understand that you'll need
to wait bit more.
I see LDP6 as completely unnecessary technology.

--
  ++ytti