[c-nsp] Internet in VRF

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sun May 3 15:56:48 EDT 2015

On 3/May/15 10:59, Saku Ytti wrote:
> Why? I have more than acceptable amount of control-plane issues today, I'd
> need to hear very good justification to add state and signalling. I'd hope to
> run 6PE until I'd do fork-list to 4PE in some distance future. I see little to
> no benefits running dual-stack core.

It would be interesting to hear what control plane issues you are facing
today.

In as far as LDP is concerned, I have no issues on my end.

> In CSCO/ALU^WNOK land, why bother with LDP6 even if there is justification,
> when you could do segment routing? In JNPR land I understand that you'll need
> to wait bit more.
> I see LDP6 as completely unnecessary technology.

I'd love SR, but it's not yet ready, nor is it at a stage where it will
signal LSP's for IPv6 traffic, based on current direction of actual
development.

I'm happy to use the technologies that are available. LDPv6 is.

Mark.