[c-nsp] Internet in VRF

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon May 4 05:14:48 EDT 2015

On 4/May/15 11:06, Saku Ytti wrote:
> I don't think I have an example of active LDP issue in the network now. But we
> open TAC case on some control-plane related bug at least every other week
> (across all our vendors).

Ah yes - we have those too :-). I thought there was something specific
to LDP or RSVP.

The last RSVP bug I had was in 2009, which was an incompatibility issue
with how MD5 authentication is handled between Cisco and Juniper. But
that has since been fixed, and while there have been several issues with
RSVP from both sides, nothing catastrophic.

With regard to control plane resources, routers are getting more
powerful, with more memory. So to be honest, that aspect is not a huge
concern for me, per se. Again, I appreciate this is not a universal luxury.

But just to be clear, I'm all for SR and its benefits, as soon as all
platforms are ready to talk happily.

Right now testing LDPv6 (just this weekend) on IOS XR 5.3.0. There seems
to be some kind of issue where it's not falling back to IPv4 adjacency
setup once it does not set these up for IPv6 (the default).

Mark.