[c-nsp] Internet in VRF

Adam Vitkovsky Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
Tue May 5 05:02:06 EDT 2015

> Mark Tinka
> Sent: 04 May 2015 21:21
> >
> > We don’t run Internet in a VRF, we have no real use cases where we can’t
> control what we need through policy.  Our core infrastructure isn’t accessible
> from our customers or the Internet, but it does require using the right
> infrastructure ACLs. If I was doing a greenfield build may do it but having the
> complexity of putting different transits, peers, etc. in their own VRFs is kind
> of overkill IMHO.
>
> +1.
>
> Mark.

Hi folks,

Assuming you have more than one AS-exit and you don't have full-mesh between all BGP speakers, then how do you get the alternate/backup AS-Exit paths for Internet prefixes to all the PEs please?
Although I admit that the convergence times of Internet services might not be a cause for concern so a minute of downtime might be acceptable.

adam