[c-nsp] Internet in VRF

Adam Vitkovsky Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
Tue May 5 06:13:29 EDT 2015

Nice that's clever.
And since you are using CSR1000v you don't need to worry about the cost of HW for RRs.
I see, so RRs do the routing decision on behalf of the PE routers in a particular PoP.
Since RR cluster is local to the PoP the AS-exit proximity is accurate, in other words what is good for the RR has to be good for the PEs within the PoP.
But still you'd have to use add-path to advertise backup paths from RRs to PEs in a local PoP whereas with MP-BGP you'd just use unique RDs.

> It does not concern us to be able to hold the full table of every peering
> relationship we have in the edge (which is where "Internet VRF's" would
> come in handy). We offer our customers the best route possible to any
> destination.

I see it as more of a good practice not to hold default route or full inet table on a peering box but as I said before peer pointing a default at you is rather a corner case I guess.

> If they want the full routing from a specific AS or exchange point,
> we can help them arrange an EoMPLS circuit between them and that AS or
> exchange point, and they can peer directly without us being involved at Layer
> 3 - which is another service we sell.
>
> Mark.

Yeah been doing EoMPLS PW to provide full internet feed to customers behind MEs didn't have the confidence to use the table-map/SRD :)

adam