[c-nsp] Cisco Blackhole ?

Scott Granados scott at granados-llc.net
Mon May 11 12:08:28 EDT 2015

You want to just provide a community for your customer to tag which will take the route and change the next hop to null 0.  The idea here if URPF loose mode is enabled you can take any route that your customer tags with the appropriate community, set it’s next hop to null0 and as a result drop the traffic at your edges where you implement this action.

There’s a good all be it JunOS example of configuration in the RFC itself and a ton available via google for Cisco.

The basic idea is very simple though and just requires changing next hop when a tag is presented.

Thanks
Scott