[c-nsp] Logs are empty

Nick Cutting ncutting at edgetg.co.uk
Thu May 14 04:16:50 EDT 2015

Traffic transiting the router will not be logged without "debug ip packet", and also not logged unless you disable CEF and fast switching on the interface that is processing traffic.  This will make your router about 100 times slower.

i.e

interface FastEthernet0/1
 no ip route-cache cef
 no ip route-cache

Then check the IP parameters:
ROUTER#sh ip interface fa0/1
FastEthernet0/1 is up, line protocol is up
  IP fast switching is disabled
  IP fast switching on the same interface is disabled
  IP Flow switching is disabled
  IP CEF switching is disabled
  IP Fast switching turbo vector
  IP multicast fast switching is disabled