[c-nsp] IOS-XR and interface discards (input)

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Thu May 14 15:31:42 EDT 2015

On Thu, 14 May 2015, Hank Nussbacher wrote:

> The config on the interface looks like this:
>
> interface TenGigE0/1/1/7
> mtu 9028
> ipv4 unreachables disable
> ipv6 nd dad attempts 5
> ipv6 address 2001:798:28:20aa::6/126
> monitor-session No1 ethernet
> flow-control bidirectional
> carrier-delay up 100 down 4000
> load-interval 30
> flow ipv4 monitor fmp-nfsen sampler fsm-nfsen ingress
> transport-mode wan
> ipv4 access-group catch13-ing ingress
> !
>
> Any clue would be helpful for us to begin to debug this issue.

I would look at this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4-0/troubleshooting/guide/tr40asr9kbook.pdf
, especially the "show controller interface TenGigE0/1/1/7 stats" output.

I don't remember exactly how this works, it was two years since I last did
this, but I seem to remember that on some plattforms if an ACL causes a
packet loss, it's seen as "input drop".

Also, I am curious behind your reasoning for the carrier delay settings
(I'd say they are backwards to what I would configure), and why are you
using flow control?.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se