[c-nsp] "New" IOS release time frame, when bug is identified

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri May 15 07:32:38 EDT 2015

On 15/05/15 05:21, CiscoNSP List wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Ive unfortunately uncovered a bug on the ME3600, and Cisco are
> recommending I wait until IOS version with fix is released...problem
> is that they have given me a date of 30th September 2015 for the
> release date!
>
> Anyone with experience in this area faced a similar situation? (I
> mean, 3-4months to wait for a fix, is simply not acceptable!)

IME, that is pretty typical for bugs which only affect a small-ish
subset of customers.

Immediate crashers - box reloads on SSH login - affecting lots of
customers are typically fixed in small-digit weeks, which is not great.
3-4 months is "only" 12-16 weeks, so it's sort of inline with that trend.

No, it's not good. No, I don't have any suggestions other than to
threaten to move to another vendor.

If you spend a lot of money with them, they might do a rebuild for you,
but I think the threshold for that is extremely high :o(