[c-nsp] "New" IOS release time frame, when bug is identified

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu May 21 22:50:53 EDT 2015

On 21/May/15 21:34, CiscoNSP List wrote:
> Just an FYI on this bug - Work around is this:
>
> ip prefix-list PL_NGN_LOOPBACKS permit  <mpls node loop range /24> ge 32
> ip prefix-list PL_NGN_LOOPBACKS permit <future prefix /24> ge 32
> mpls ldp label
> allocate global prefix-list PL_NGN_LOOPBACKS
>
> The problem gets solved after applying the filter and reloading the nodes..but the above is recommended regardless.
>
> Bug will be fixed on the code version 15.4(3)S4
>
> Target release date: by 9/30/2015
>

> ME3600 is apparently the only platform affected.

Interesting - based on your explanations on this thread, I had a strange
feeling that the box was running out of labels to assign to prefixes
because, well, there were either too many prefixes to assign labels to,
or too few labels to assign to prefixes.

Anyway, on all our IOS and IOS XE and IOS XR platforms, we use a label
allocation filter by default, because Cisco will normally assign labels
to all IGP routes. If you're the kind of network that does
"passive-interface" for your IGP against ports leading to other AS's (we
don't), you definitely want this feature enabled.

This is unlike Junos, which assigns labels only to Loopback routes by
default.

Mark.