[c-nsp] Virtual CPE as a service on Metro-E last mile - Suggestions/inputs required

Arun Kumar narain.arun at gmail.com
Fri May 22 00:56:12 EDT 2015

Thanks Bill, Aaron, Lukas.

We currently do Q-in-Q but it only provides VLAN scale but in this case
which is going to be a very large deployment in our Metro-E, when we move
the Layer 3 from customer premises and have it in our POP as virtual CPE.
This means the default gateway for customer LAN is not in his premise but
in our POP over Metro-E and huge broadcast storm is expected. That is the
reason, I thought MAC-in-MAC can work if it is supported by low end CPE
equipment. Routing/FW/WAAS functionality can be in virtual CPE.

thanks once again.

Arun