[c-nsp] OSPF per-prefix LFA

George Giannousopoulos ggiannou at gmail.com
Thu May 28 09:06:43 EDT 2015

I guess it depends on the values you configure.. But you need to be extra
careful if you are going to apply on a production device..

As you have probably already noticed, after OSPF timers tuning, the
convergence is quite fast even without the LFA.. So why would you bother to
configure LFA in the fiirst place?

My concern though is that according to RFC6571: "*Behavior of LFAs is an
automated process that makes fast restoration an intrinsic part of the IGP,
with no additional configuration burden **in the IGP or any other protocol.*
"

As I see it, the requirement for IGP tuning in order to make LFA work as
expected is somewhat "illegal".. If anyone else can explain that, I'd be
glad to hear..

--
George