[c-nsp] IEEE 802.1P QoS Issue........

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 2 19:37:02 EST 2015

> But when I analyzed the traffic ( using Wireshark ) from the destination ,
> I couldn't find relevant fields were confgiured.

There are a lot of reasons you won't see it at the destination (for
example, if destination is actually untagged, there is a non-COS
transparent interconnect switch somewhere in between, your sniffer
is broken, etc).

Do it at the source and if thats not a possibility, try it in a lab
by recreating the same conditions.

> I can do the marking on the physical interface if needed. Can you guide me
> through this because my ISP is requested to set priority according to
> 802.1P standard in order to priorities our traffic over their backbone.

I'm sure you will get help, but please refrain from top posting and reply
to the actual thread, not the digest. Also please do answer the questions
regarding your hard and software.

Lukas