[c-nsp] BGP peering visibility

Nick Cutting ncutting at edgetg.co.uk
Tue Nov 3 09:56:09 EST 2015

Just confirmed with the carrier - and Hve asked for clarification of the local pref they are using /  have set

"Hello Nick,

It appears that what you have set up is correct. You were right in the fact that the ASN after the colon should be ours. With this config, all should work as you expect it to work. "
Regards,

Terrance"

I am setting this specifically

"This community lowers the local P-NAP's BGP metrics for the route below those of upstream provider values. The route will be unused by PNAP
providers and local customers until all other routes have become unavailable.
Note: Upon recovering from a failover incident it may be necessary to withdraw the route from
your announcements to stop the routes announcement to upstream P-NAP providers."

I think im going to use the poison community and add the Client ISP's ASN with the issue.
There is also a peer level community, however there is no mention of what exactly the LOCAL_PREF will be, only that is is set to the "PEER LEVEL"