[c-nsp] Nexus 7K - Routing over vPC Peer-link between chassis

Nick Cutting ncutting at edgetg.co.uk
Thu Nov 19 07:25:22 EST 2015

I ran into this a few years back - and we did end up doing it.  It's basically because it peer link is totally different to a trunk between two chassis. i.e don't use it ever unless a downstream VPC link is down.

I can't remember the details, however this post by Brad Hedlund explains everything you need to know.

http://bradhedlund.com/2010/12/16/routing-over-nexus-7000-vpc-peer-link-yes-and-no/