[c-nsp] CoPP on 7600s

Mack McBride mack.mcbride at viawest.com
Mon Nov 30 11:57:59 EST 2015

This is essentially correct.
Some traffic will hit the mls policers if for example no adjacency is found.
If something matches an mls policer then the hardware CoPP will not apply.
Each blade with a DFC will police separately then it will forward to the software policer on the RP.
The PFC will handle blades with CFCs but the same logic applies.

With BGP in particular you want to be careful.
You should make at least three groups.
One for packets with flags, one for packets with just ack that matches expected traffic,
And one for packets with just ack from unexpected sources.  You can divide flag packets
Up with expected and unexpected sources as well.

Mack McBride | Network Architect | ViaWest, Inc.