[c-nsp] No IPv6 support in VRF on Catalyst 3560/3750?

Daniel Dib daniel.dib at reaper.nu
Thu Oct 1 05:01:43 EDT 2015

Hi,

I have the need to configure IPv6 in a VRF on a Catalyst 3750 but it seems
it's not supported, even with the proper SDM profile.

Switch(config-vrf)#address-family ipv6

IPv6 VRF not supported for this platform or this template

I found a mail to this list 2 years ago that said that it was on the roadmap
to be implemented but maybe it got sidelined? Or they wanted people to move
to Cat4500 etc. Seems it's not even supported on Cat3650/3850?

Anyone have some more information on this? I'm pinging some Cisco SE's as
well but I'm hoping someone here is already sitting on some information.

Best regards,

Daniel Dib

Senior Network Architect

CCIE #37149