[c-nsp] Peering Router/Switch

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Oct 5 07:14:14 EDT 2015

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 12:06:49PM +0100, James Bensley wrote:
> On 5 October 2015 at 10:24, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:
> > And on the Juniper side, I'd go for the MX104.
>
> Or an MX80, that would be cheaper. I've done this in the past, it
> works very well.

I wouldn't actually consider the PPC based REs particularily well-suited
for a *peering* router (read: "lots of BGP activity" = "a fast CPU and/or
a good multi-process BGP implementation is what you want") - this RE is
almost as slow as a sup720, and I wouldn't use one of those either.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de