[c-nsp] Cisco CE as radius client or 802.1x

CiscoNSP List CiscoNSP_list at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 6 00:12:33 EDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

Have an opportunity where a gated community (500-1000 units) all connected via ethernet - Customer wants to have each unit auth via radius(CE in each unit will be eth router) to get Internet access...first thought was 802.1x (But we dont control the switching infrastructure). second was to use Cisco CE in each unit and have them configured as radius clients...my only issue with this is that each "client/CE" would have to be added to the radius server, which is something Id def want to avoid if possible(i.e. adding 1000 clients to radius server)..Ill need to investigate further on the radius side(See if it's possible to add subnets as "allowed" clients), but was hoping someone may have done something similar to this and has some other suggestions?

Cheers.